To perform Basic and Advanced nursing procedures and to deliver emergency nursing Procedures. To apply professional ethics in nursing procedures and to promote a high sense of health safety, security in the healthcare environment.
Note: Science Students, General Arts Students and Home Economics Students shall be admitted to offer this programme.
- SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Integrated Science and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects. The elective subjects should include credit passes in 3 science subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics OR 3 General Arts Subjects OR 3 Home Economics Subjects.
- WASSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, integrated science and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects. The elective subjects should include credit passes in 3 science subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics OR 3 General Arts Subjects OR 3 Home Economics Subjects.
- Advanced Level Certificate Applicants
GCE candidates must have 5 credits at the Ordinary Level Examination or equivalent including English Language, Mathematics and either (I) Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Agricultural Science or (II) General Science and any other subject. In addition, candidates should obtain three credit passes at the GCE Advanced Level or equivalent in Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics, And Biology or Agricultural Science and a pass in General Paper (E or better).
- Diploma holders in Nursing
Professionals with Nursing Diploma in addition to UCC entry requirements may be admitted into level 300 after passing an interview. Candidates must have study leave.
- First degree holders in relevant science disciplines
- Mature Applicants
Candidates must have attained the age of 25 years or above with (5) credits in five (5) GCE “O” Levels or six credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE subjects including English Language, Mathematics And Science, and must have three years relevant working experience in addition to passing an aptitude test and an interview. Successful applicants will be admitted into level 100.
- Other Nursing Candidates
Professionals with Nursing Certificate (SRN) with the basic UCC entry requirements may be admitted into level 200 after passing an interview.
- Foreign Students
All foreign qualifications should be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to the programme (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]).
It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- Qualified Health professionals who wish to carry out extended advanced study in BSc. Nursing.
Requirements for Graduation:
Provide information on the following requirements for graduation:
1. Course Requirements; Student must pass all the courses per Miezah College of Health requirements.
Credits Requirements; Student must pass all the Courses per Miezah College of Health requirements.
2. To pass professional examination set by the professional body or affiliated institution.
3. To pass Miezah College of Health examination set by the academic unit.
Any additional requirements for graduation e.g. attendance.
1. Student must attend a minimum of 90% of theory work as well as Practical work per Miezah College requirement.
Affiliation and Accreditation:
1. Name of the Mentoring Institution to which programme is affiliated(where applicable):UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST
2. Proof of programme affiliation to the Mentoring Institution:
Affiliation Agreement Signed on 5th October, 2017.
A statement indicating that the proposed programme has the support of the following:
a. the relevant Board of the institution: Allied Health Professions Council
b. the mentoring institution (in the case of mentored institutions): University of Cape Coast (UCC)
c. the National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations(NABPTEX)(in the case of Higher National Diploma programmes by Polytechnics)
d. and approval for funding by the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE)( in the case of public institutions)
Public and Private sector institutions.