Requirement by the Ghana Immigration Service for Residence Permit.
NOTE: All charges are subject to change without notice.
- A valid passport (6 months valid at least)
- A photocopy of your admission letter
- A photocopy of your Non-Citizen Card (Cost of the Non-Citizen card US$120.00 or the Cedi equivalent)
- A photocopy of your current tuition fees receipt
- A photocopy of the data page of your passport
- Four (4) passport photographs
- Introductory letter from MCH
- Ghana Immigration processing fee for ECOWAS countries- GH₵150.00
- Ghana Immigration processing fee for Non ECOWAS Countries- GH₵200.00
NOTE: It takes between two (2) weeks and one month for your permit to be processed.
Penalty to pay for expired permit
When you are entering Ghana, whether through the airport or any of our borders, your passport is normally stamped by immigration officers and certain number of days given to you to exit the country. If for any reason, you exceed the number of days given to you, you will pay the following fine to the Ghana Immigration Services:
ECOWAS Countries: GH₵60.00 per month (if you hold previous residence permit)
GH₵80.00 per month (if you have never done a residence permit)
Non ECOWAS Countries: GH₵80.00 per month (if u hold a previous residence permit)
GH₵100.00 per month (if you have never done a residence permit)
Note: The Non –Citizen Card is a mandatory requirement from the Government of Ghana. The Non-Citizen Ghana card shall be used for all transactions that require identification. Foreign nationals who do not have the Non-Citizen card will not be allowed to apply for their Residence Permit, register SIM cards for telephones, open bank accounts, acquire driver’s license or even have access to other essential services in the country.
The Non-Citizen Card costs US$120.00 or its Ghana Cedi equivalent.This card can be acquired instantly at any CAL Bank Branch in Ghana or at the National Identification Authority Head office at Tetteh Quarshie near the Gulf House.