Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology
- SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-E) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Integrated Science, Mathematics or Social studies plus any three(3) elective subjects.
- WASSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A1-E8) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, integrated science, Mathematics or Social studies plus any three (3) elective subjects.
- Advanced Level Certificate Applicants: GCE candidates must have 5 passes at the Ordinary Level Examination or equivalent including English Language, Mathematics and any other subject. In addition, candidates should obtain three passes at the GCE Advanced Level or equivalent in any subject and a pass in General Paper (E or better).
- Mature Applicants: Mature applicants must be other paramedics, Certificates holders in nursing and other health fields. Candidates must have attained the age of 25 years or above with (5) passes in five (5) GCE “O” Levels or six passes in WASSCE/SSSCE subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Science or social studies and in addition to passing an interview. Successful applicants will be admitted to the First year.
- Foreign Students: All foreign qualifications should be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to the programme (National Accreditation Board Act, 2007 [Act 744 (2(2b)]).It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
Note: After successful completion, students have the opportunity to top-up to do Diploma in medical laboratory technology for 2 years.